Improve Your Local Search Ranking with Google!
Our new Yoast Local SEO Toolkit optimizes your website to rank better in local search results.
Yoast Local SEO works by turning your multi locations into structured data which Google can then read and index. This is important because it helps Google to build an index of local structured data, thereby serving queries for users making local searches.
The main features our Yoast Local SEO Toolkit plugin include:
Location Search Auto Complete
Store locator search is enhanced with Google Places Autocomplete.
Alphabetical Locations List
List your multiple locations alphabetically. This is great for large directories!
Style the Yoast Local SEO shortcode markup with ease via Theme Customizer.
Fixed and enhanced Yoast Local SEO shortcodes for use on post pages. Includes address, map, open hours and more!
1. Store Location Search Integrated with Google Places Autocomplete
The Yoast Local SEO store locator short-code wpseo_storelocator shows multi locations on Google Maps along with a search box.
However the standard search box this shortcode uses has a user experience problem. A typical flow of a user search for a location is to enter the address (typically postcode) and to submit the form. On the server, Yoast Local SEO geocodes (a process of converting an address to latitude and longitude) the address. If the address is valid, Yoast returns the nearby locations.
Often, a user will enter a search query with a typo or a string which Yoast Local SEO and Google cannot understand. Take this query for example: https://www.google.com/maps?q=2000+australia. A search for “2000 Australia”, should return results for Sydney Australia. Google cannot understand the query. Neither will Yoast Local.
Now think about this. What if we could promise to help users searching for stores get immediate feedback on their search query? What if we could show them all available address options while they are still typing in the search box?
Well, we can do that! This plugin adds an enhanced version of the wpseo_storelocator shortcode, namely df_wpseo_storelocator shortcode. This short-code integrates with Google Places API which provides the autocomplete functionality. You can also restrict the autocomplete suggestions to a country.
2. Alphabetically Group Your Locations
Imagine that you are a reasonably sized business with multiple locations. Ideally, you’d like to show a list of all your business locations on one page. Normally listing a large number of locations in one big list is unwieldy. It makes it difficult for your users to find what they are looking for.
Now, what if you could group those locations based on their alphabetical order? What if you could provide a breadcrumb with letters, clicking on which scrolls you to the corresponding section of the location list?
Good news, our df_wpseo_alphabetical_locations_list shortcode does that!
3. Using the Theme Customizer for Styling
Our plugin also provides a Theme Customizer where you can easily customize the styles of Yoast Local SEO generated elements. Some of the settings inlcude:
- Store Locator Input Text: Customize the width, border radius and padding of the store locator search box.
- Store Locator Submit Button: Customize the font size, colour, border radius, background colour, padding and margin of the store locator submit button.
- Store Locator Google Map: Customize height in responsive view, margin and padding of the Google map in the store locator.
- Store Locator Search Results: Customize the font size, line height, letter spacing, text alignment and color of the main heading and single result item heading, address and route link. An option to set a margin for single search result item is available.
- Single Alphabet Location List: Customize the list style and padding on the location lists grouped alphabetically.
4. Shortcode Fixes for Yoast Local SEO
We have found that the standard Google Map, Office Hours and Address shortcodes have an issue.
Each of the above short-codes, have an id attribute which represents the id of the location. Passing an id attribute to the shortcode fetches the relevant information about that location. But that’s not the case. Passing an id attribute doesn’t get the details of the location belong to that id.
We’ve fixed that! In our plugin you will find enhanced version of the Google Map, Office Hours and Address shortcode for a location. Namely:
- df_wpseo_address: Gets the address of the location.
- df_wpseo_map: Gets the Google map of the location.
- wpseo_opening_hours: Gets the opening hours of the location.
Read our help docs for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the shortcodes created by this plugin:
1. Store Locator Shortcode with Google Places Autocomplete
2. Alphabetically Grouped Locations List Shortcode
3. Single Location Address Shortcode
4. Single Location Map Shortcode
5. Single Location Opening Hours Shortcode
Further details on the shortcodes are available in this Help Doc.
Yes, you can use the shortcodes provided by this plugin in the Custom Post Builder plugin to design a singles template page for location.
No, this plugin does not add any modules. However it adds 5 shortcodes which can be used in the Divi Builder.
No. This is only useful for multiple location businesses using the Yoast Local SEO plugin.
FREE 7 DAY TRIAL. NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED
* All prices in $USD. These prices do not include local taxes.
Links to related documentation and usage of this plugin.
2.0.1 -July 5, 2019
- Changed namespace and plugin constants to avoid conflict with diviframework plugin
2.0.0 -June 27, 2019
- Freemius plugin update and pricing added.
- Branding update
- Free trial added
1.6.1 -March 28, 2019
- Fixed licensing code issue
1.6.0 -December 27, 2018
- Fixed address, map and opening hours shortcodes to take a id parameter
1.4.0 -August 1, 2018
- Store locator autocomplete restrict by region and country
1.3.0 -August 9, 2018
- Theme Customizer styles for search results and google maps for store locator
1.2.0 -August 9, 2018
- Theme Customizer styles for alphabetically grouped locations