Yoast Local SEO Toolkit
Yoast Local SEO plugin optimizes your website to rank better on local search. Yoast Local SEO creates your multi locations structured data which google can read. It helps google to build an index of local structured data, there by serving queries for users making local searches.
Add google places autocomplete to store locator searchbox, create multi location listing grouped alphabetically, theme customizer style settings and fix the address, map and open hours shortcode from Yoast Local SEO.
Location Search Auto Complete
Store locator search enhanced with google places autocomplete.
Alphabetical Locations List
List your locations grouped alphabetically.
Style the yoast local shortcode markup via theme customizer.
Fixed & Enhanced Yoast Local SEO Shortcodes
Store Location Search Integrated With Google Places Autocomplete
The Yoast Local SEO store locator shortcode wpseo_storelocator shows multi locations on google maps along with a searchbox.
This searchbox has a user experience problem. A typical flow of a user search for a location is to enter the address (typically postcode) and to submit the form.
On the server, Yoast Local SEO geocodes (a process of converting an address to latitude and longitude) the address. If the address is valid, yoast returns the nearby locations.
Often, a user enter a search query with a typo or a string which Yoast Local SEO/google cannot understand. Take this query for example, https://www.google.com/maps?q=2000+australia.
A search for “2000 Australia”, should return results for Sydney Australia. Google cannot understand the query. Neither will Yoast Local.
What if I promise that we can help the users searching for stores get immediate feedback on their search query. What if we show him all available address options while he/she is typing in the searchbox?
This plugin adds an enhanced version of the wpseo_storelocator shortcode, namely df_wpseo_storelocator shortcode
This shortcode integrates with Google Places API which provides the autocomplete functionality. You can also restrict the autocomplete suggestions to a country.
Alphabetically Group Locations
You are a reasonably sized business having large number of locations. You’d like to show a list of all your business locations on the page.
Listing all the locations in one big list is unwieldy. It makes it difficult for your users to find something.
What if you can group locations based on their first alphabet? What if you can provide a breadcrumb for alphabets, clicking on which scrolls you to alphabet section of the locations?
The df_wpseo_alphabetical_locations_list shortcode does that.
This plugin provides a theme customizer where you can customize styles of Yoast Local SEO generated elements.
- Store Locator Input Text: Customize the width, border radius and padding of the store locator searchbox.
- Store Locator Submit Button: Customize the font size, colour, border radius, background colour, padding and margin of the store locator submit button.
- Store Locator Google Map: Customize height in responsive view, margin and padding of the google map in the store locator.
- Store Locator Search Results: Customize the font size, line height, letter spacing, text alignment, color of the main heading and single result item heading, address and route link. Option to set margin for single search result item is available.
- Single Alphabet Location List: Customize the list style and padding on the location lists grouped by alphabet.
Shortcode Fixes For Yoast Local SEO
The google maps, office hours and address shortcodes have an issue.
Each of the above shortcodes, have an id attribute which represents the id of the location. Passing an id attribute to the shortcode fetches the relevant information about that location. But that’s not the case. Passing an id attribute doesn’t get the details of the location belong to that id.
We’ve fixed that!
In this plugin you will find enhanced version of the google map, office hour and address shortcode for a location.
- df_wpseo_address : Gets the address of the location.
- df_wpseo_map: Gets the google map of the location.
- wpseo_opening_hours: Gets the opening hours of the location.
Read our documentation on Yoast Local SEO Shortcodes for details.
Which shortcodes does this plugin create?
Following are the shortcodes created by this plugin
- Store Locator Shortcode with Google Places Autocomplete
- Alphabetically Grouped Locations List Shortcode
- Single Location Address Shortcode
- Single Location Map Shortcode
- Single Location Opening Hours Shortcode
Details on the shortcodes is available in this course lesson Yoast Local SEO Toolkit Shortcodes
Does this plugin work with Custom Post Builder Plugin?
Yes, you can use the shortcodes provided by this plugin in the Custom Post Builder plugin to design a singles template page for location.
Does this add Modules to the Divi Builder?
No, this plugin does not add any modules. However it adds 5 shortcodes which can be used in the divi builder
I only have one location for Yoast Local, Do I need this?
No. This is only useful for multiple location business using the Yoast Local Plugin.
1.4.0 - August 1, 2018
- Store locator autocomplete restrict by region and country
1.3.0 - August 9, 2018
- Theme Customizer styles for search results and google maps for store locator
1.2.0 - August 9, 2018
- Theme Customizer styles for alphabetically grouped locations
A subscription entitles you to 1 year of updates and support from the date of purchase. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, no worries – we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Premium Membership Plan A$ 147