Restaurant Menu Plugin
Do you need to make a restaurant website? When you are managing a restaurant, of course, the most important thing is your food. We made a special Restaurant Menu Plugin designed especially to manage restaurant menus.
The Restaurant Menu Plugin is a tool for managing your restaurant’s food and drink items. It uses a Custom Post Type and a Divi Module.
This plugin will help you manage all your menu items on Divi and WordPress.
Manage your Restaurant’s Menu with this great WordPress plugin!
Custom Post Type
Makes menu management easy. Add categories, special tags, show multiple pricing options and set your currency.
Get an SEO advantage for your restaurant. Structured data helps Google understand your restaurant menu.
Custom Divi Module
A simple way to get your menu information from the post type, and insert into any page with the Divi Builder.
Having a unique style is important. We have integrated our plugin into the Theme Customizer to give you control.
The Restaurant Menu Plugin Custom Post Type
Watch the Custom Post Type Video
The Custom Divi Module Makes Styling Easy!
Restaurant Menu Divi Module
We created an easy to use Divi Module so you can insert your food menu on any page. It makes it simple to get your menu information from the post type and inject it into any page using the Divi Builder. Thanks to Divi Framework, Divi now has a great drag and drop Restaurant Menu Plugin!
We have ensured that all the goodness of Divi is available in the Restaurant Menu Module. Many styling options are available to make your layout unique. Add borders, background colours, heading styles, line separators and shadows. Everything you can normally do in Divi.
You can choose whether the menu item needs to display a special tag. For example “Chef Special”, “Vegan” or “Gluten Free”. This is a great way to highlight featured menu items or daily specials.
You can choose from a 1, 2 or 3 column layout. The module is also fully responsive so it degrades down to single column view on mobile devices.
Set Your Currency
Allows you to set a country-specific currency symbol for your menu.
Only Show Specific Categories
The Divi Module allows you to group your menu items into categories for placement on any page. For example, Mains, Desserts, Drinks, Wines – whatever you like.
Selecting specific categories can give you more flexibility when it comes to designing your restaurant menu page. You can even turn on category descriptions for each menu section.
Watch the Divi Module Video
Structured Data Helps Google Understand Your Restaurant Menu
What is Structured Data?
Structured Data is a tool used to help you get Rich Data Snippets into the Google Search.
Using the Schema.org format, we have created a way for you to easily add this rich data to your WordPress Restaurant Menu.
What are the SEO Advantages?
Google shows rich snippets in the search results for a lot of common searches. With the implementation of a schema.org vocabulary, you are giving your website the best possible chance to be shown in search results.
A Dedicated Menu
We have a dedicated menu for Restaurant SEO to turn on these fields for your restaurant. Once this is turned on, all your menu items will get rich data snippets.
Validating The Data
We recommend you check your data against the itemscope information on Schema.org which can be found on their website.
You can also use Google Webmaster Tools to validate the schema and structured data.
Currency and Location
Using the right location data will give you a much better chance of showing at the top of the search results for your local area.
Get an SEO Advantage
SEO is becoming more technical all the time. Give your site some ‘search engine love’ with this menu tool and get more visits from Organic Search Results.
Watch the Structured Data Video
Set the Default Style with the Theme Customiser
The Theme Customizer
The default way to style your WordPress site is by using the Theme Customizer. We have integrated ourRestaurant Menu Plugin into the Theme Customizer to give you more design control over your default settings.
Your Menu Style
Having a distinct menu style is important for any restaurant. Get your potential customers to engage with your menu easily on any device.
The Theme Customizer will let you style just about every aspect of your WordPress Restaurant Menu. We have covered:
- Number of columns in your layout
- Menu items with font, spacing and borders
- Category title and description
- Sub categories for menu sections
- Tagged items to highlight important menu items
- Borders and outlines
Remember, that you can still use the Divi Module to override these settings. These are the default settings for your styling. This can save a lot of time in particular for large menus.
Watch the Theme Customiser Video
I edited my menu in the Theme Customiser but it isn't changing my menu, what did I do?
This is because Divi Module style will over right these settings. Make sure to use defaults in your Divi Module. You can also try removing your module and adding it again to clear out the previous settings. If you get stuck please send a bug report to our support, we are happy to assist.
How can I test my restaurant menu structured data?
Using the Google testing tool is the best way. The Google Structured Data testing tool takes in a URL. If you have Yoast installed you can also send a URL directly to the tool from the admin bar.
Can I have a menu item with more than one category
Yes. You can. This is very helpful if you want Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus for your restaurant.
- Using the Custom Post Type
- Restaurant Menu Divi Module
- Restaurant Structured Data - Video
- Restaurant Menu Schema Data - Article
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) PRO Licensing & Activation
- Restaurant Menu Plugin - Theme Customizer
- Restaurant Menu - Creating Menu Items
- Restaurant Menu - Sorting categories on a menu listing.
- Restaurant Menu Module Options
4.0.0 - August 9, 2018
- Added divi frontend builder support
3.1.0 - June 22, 2018
- Added custom field - weight for menu items. Menu items can be sorted by weight
- Added sort options to the divi module. Can sort by title, date and weight.
- Added a weight column for menu items in the admin.
3.0.0 - June 8, 2018
- Breaking change: Restaurant menu item is semantically correct now. It may cause UI of menu item elements to be a bit wacky.
- CSS bug fix: Fixed tag item css issue when it is the first item of the category.
- Added text design options for item description and item price in restaurant menu divi module.
- Added theme customizer for item description and item price.
- Price element is being handled responsively to a new line.
2.4.0 - April 19, 2018
- Price is a free text field and works with structured data
2.3.0 - April 19, 2018
- Added Local Business schema support
2.2.1 - March 1, 2018
- Added ability to show category description
2.2.0 - February 22, 2018
- Updated licensing code
2.1.0 - February 6, 2018
- Added restaurant and menu structured data support for SEO.
2.0.0 - September 9, 2017
- Added theme customizers.
- Upgraded restaurant module to have advanced settings and re-grouped options
1.0.2 - July 24, 2017
- Added ACF Pro plugin package link in dependancy check message
A subscription entitles you to 1 year of updates and support from the date of purchase. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, no worries – we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.