A key part of any modern web design is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
A good FAQ page has common questions or remarks from your customers.
If you answer questions on your website you are more likely to get search traffic. With the right markup this can provide a significant increase in sales.
Top reasons you should incorporate FAQs in your we pages?
Answering questions can help people know more about your product or service.
The more questions you answer, the higher chance you have of a conversion to a sale.
Pages with more complete information are generally going to get more readers. As a result you can get more leads from a bigger audience.
I encourage all our web design customers to incorporate an FAQ into their website.
The FAQ Plugin
Our FAQ plugin goes beyond providing a good divi layout. It provides a custom area to answer and categories your customers questions.
This means you can make an awesome FAQ element on any page of your website. Our plugin provides central management of each question. This makes large FAQ libraries easy to manage.
The FAQ Plugin includes a category area. You can display your FAQ content block by category. Each question can have more than one category. This is helpful for circumstances where one FAQ item is on many pages.
We use this on Divi Framework for our product pages. It saves us a lot of time in the management of content updates.
Our plugin provides the structured data Google requires to understand your FAQ. This is a big bonus of using the Divi FAQ Plugin from Divi Framework.
It gives a boost to your SEO efforts and helps get better page rankings.
We have a tutorial available on how you can test and install structured data on your website.
This FAQ Plugin makes it easy to manage your FAQ database. It has a specialised Divi Module that allows you to insert and style FAQ entries. The dedicated module has plenty of customisation options.
You can even create completely custom layouts with the use of a child theme.
What is the major difference between the Multi Column FAQ module and the standard FAQ module?
The standard FAQ module renders the FAQ items as an accordion. The Multi Column FAQ module renders the FAQ items as plain text question/answer format.
Can I use a custom view with the FAQ plugin?
Yes, we need to write a filter which will add a view “slug” as shown the in example below. This code can either be written in a custom plugin or the functions.php file of your theme (or child theme if you are using a third party theme).
For full instructions you can read the knowledge base article here.
2.1.0 - September 24, 2018
- Added structured data support. Used in SEO.
2.0.0 - September 21, 2018
- Added frontend divi page builder support
1.1.4 - September 4, 2018
- Fixed a minor warning for multi column faq module
1.1.3 - June 26, 2018
- Bug fix: Wrong $post was being set after faq listing as post data reset wasn't happening. This fix addresses that.
1.0.9 - October 5, 2017
- Made faq post type non-querable
1.0.8 - July 14, 2017
- Rearranged Multicolumn Module options to appropriate tabs
1.0.7 - July 14, 2017
- Added multi column faq module - This module can add all or selected categories faq in a multi column layout. One can set 1 to 4 as column values as the default. Question and answer's font size, color and text orientation can be adjusted.
1.0.6 - May 2, 2017
- Renamed shortcode from df_faq to df_faq_shortcode
1.0.5 - April 26, 2017
- Added ability to select a custom view from divi module.
1.0.4 - April 26, 2017
- Fixed issue where faq answers formatting was being stripped
1.0.3 - April 18, 2017
- FAQ listing taxonomy query filter fixed
1.0.2 - March 16, 2017
- Added faq shortcode - [df_faq include_categories='' view_slug='' question_class='' answer_class='']
1.0.1 - March 11, 2017
- Bug fix : Fixed a case insensitive issue
1.0.0 - February 10, 2017
- Initial Release
A subscription entitles you to 1 year of updates and support from the date of purchase. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, no worries – we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.