Divi Icon Toolkit
Divi has mere 4 social icons to choose from, for your header and footer.
To enable or disable these social icons, visit WordPress Admin → Divi → Theme Options
We think choosing from mere 4 icons is limiting. I’m sure you think likewise 🙂 !
Based on the nature of your business, you would like to have social profiles.
In our case, we have clients who
- Want to have a LinkedIn profile to connect with potential employees
- Want to have a Instagram profile or Flickr profile to build their brand.
- Want to have a Trip Advisor profile for their hotel.
- Want to have a Behance profile to showcase their portfolio.
- Want to have a Github profile to showcase their opensource projects.
- Want to have a Vimeo profile to showcase their videos.
The list is long.
Adding extra social icons to the theme options involves writing a lot of code in the child theme.
What if, I assure you that
- You have a list of over 370+ social icons to choose from.
- You don’t have to write any code to integrate those icons.
- You save an hour per website.
Over 370+ Social Icons
Wow! That’s an impressive number of icons. Isn’t it?
We use the Font Awesome Brand Icons https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery&s=brands. Thank you Font Awesome for being so awesome ♥
Why did we choose Font Awesome?
- It has a wide variety of social icons.
- It’s popular and there is a high probability that they will keep on adding to the social icons list.
Don’t Write Any Code
Well, we told you a partial truth. Allow me to explain.
19 popular social icons come bundled with this plugin. They are
- Linked In
- Bit Bucket
- Deviant Art
- Snap Chat
- Trip Advisor
You don’t have to write any code, if the icons you are looking for, are from the above list.
What if you want an icon that’s not in this list?
This plugin adds a filter df_update_social_icons to update the social icon list.
Input argument for df_update_social_icons is a list of social icons. You can add or delete items from this list.
Imagine you have a client who is a vendor at Amazon. The clients wants to showcase the amazon vendor profile on their website.
In such a case you can add the filter, like the one below, in your child theme.
Save One Hour Per Website
Imagine you don’t use this plugin and the client wants to add their amazon profile.
You will have to
- Write code in your child theme which integrates the new social icons in the Theme Options settings.
- Clone over the social_icons.php template into your child theme and add code for amazon social icon.
- Write code to enqueue font awesome.
The above process is repetitive in nature and takes around one hour of our time for every website.
With this plugin, you don’t have to do any of the above.
Exception begin if you need to integrate social icons which are not pre-bundled. Which shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes.
I already have font awesome loaded. What should I do to avoid loading it twice?
You would need to dequeue the stylesheets using wp_dequeue_style.
We recommend that you keep the latest version of font awesome. To dequeue the font awesome files used in this plugin, dequeue the divi-fa and divi-fa-brands handle in your child theme.
Do I need to pay for this plugin?
This plugin is free. You don’t have to pay for it. Register for free and install it on your site.
To get updates be sure to install the Divi Framework Dashboard plugin and authenticate the admin dashboard with your Divi Framework username and password.
Which version of Font Awesome is used?
We use version 5.2.0
This product doesn't have any related documents.
1.1.0 - August 13, 2018
- Added df_update_social_icons filter. Using this filter you can add additional font awesome social icons to the pre-configured list
1.0.0 - August 3, 2018
- Initial Version
A subscription entitles you to 1 year of updates and support from the date of purchase. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, no worries – we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free Member A$ 0