Breadcrumb module supports the ability to use an advanced custom image field (ACF) as the background image. Please note that ACF is a third party plugin which you need to install separately. One needs to
- Setup ACF image field for the post type.
- Upload image to the ACF field.
- Setup the breadcrumb module to use the ACF field.
Setup ACF image field for the post type.
Create an ACF “Field Group” and associate to the post type. Add an image field to that field group. In our example the field is “Breadcrumb Background” and the post type is “page”
Upload image to the ACF field.
Upload an image to the post type, page in our example so that the breadcrumb module on that page can pick up.
Setup the breadcrumb module to use the ACF field.
To setup the breadcrumb module to set ACF, do the following
- Set “Is background image static?” to No
- Set “Use Featured Image For Background” to No
- Set “ACF Field Name” to the name of the ACF field. In our case its “breadcrumb_background”
Your will see something similar to the picture below on your frontend.
Divi Breadcrumb ModuleThe Divi Breadcrumb Module is for those users that want a really clean header with breadcrumbs in it powered by the Yoast SEO plugin. The Breadcrumb UI pattern is almost as old as the web itself and has stood the test of time. Thats a great thing for your website when using them because most people are very comfortable using a...