Star rating has been added to Testimonials
We had a recent request for star ratings to be added to Divi Testimonials Plugin.
We are pleased to announce that this has been added in version 1.0.6.
To find this new feature you can go to the post type area and select the rating.
It has switches and a colour setting for the stars based on a icon font so you can choose any style colour you would like.
Hope you guys like it, to get the update just make sure you are using your API keys and click update.
Video Toolkit now supports Facebook Video Embed
Do you want to use Facebook to embed your videos on your Divi Powered website?
If so you will have found that our video toolkit for Divi wasn’t working as expected for these videos. So we fixed it.
We had a report that the tool wasn’t working as well as it should so we updated it and release a new patch today to make it happen for you.
More and more often Facebook is the go to destination for anyone online so supporting the embed of these videos was a real problem we needed to solve.
We had a report last week that it needed to happen for some of our users so we made it work this week with a new release.
Hope you guys like it and remember – we are serious about being the best at responding to our customers. We don’t always get it 100% right but we want to make sure you guys have confidence in how our modules and plugins work.
If you have any issues let us know and we will often have an update in 7 days. If its something more complex sometimes it may take longer however in most cases we will let you know and commit to an update schedule.
Auto Play added to Video Toolkit
We recently had a customer request for a new feature. They asked about auto play in our Video Toolkit.
Vimeo and Youtube both have auto play flags in their video embed players.
We thought that was a fantastic idea and very useful so we added it to Video Toolkit. You will see it in the Post Type and Overlay module.
This means when you open the video lightbox it can now auto play the video on load. It is using the default parameters for these players. You can take a look at the screenshot below to see the new Auto Play checkbox.
How do I get the Video Toolkit updates?
If you already are using the Divi Framework Video Toolkit just update it in the WordPress updates area. The update will automatically occur.
We also fixed the installation process. You will be asked to instal ACF Pro and we give you a link to it on installation.
Keep an eye out on the knowledge base documentation and other parts of our website for the latest news.
Other update this week?
We have a fair few other updates about to arrive this week including,
- our new theme for restaurants
- videos and how to guides for the resturant menu plugin
- Video and guide for the testimonials plugin
- If we get that done as quick as we want we will also start out video tutorial series on Gravity Forms.
Its all go go go here at Divi Framework.
Do you want to see a new feature in any plugin, theme or module?
Let us know and we can work towards an update for that plugin or an all new plugin or feature. We do regular videos and how to’s so don’t be afraid to ask. We may end up doing video series to answer your questions.
Updated Divi Footer Injector Documents
Do you need a more customised footer for Divi?
We have a great plugin for just that, the Divi Footer Injector Plugin. It allows you to use any library item from your Divi Builder and inject it into your footer on every page.
We use it on Divi Framework. This is how we get the blog articles and other pages to have our neat footer on them. It saves heaps of time and makes it really easy to use.
Up until now, the documentation has been lacking, to say the least for this item so we have started to update it. There is now a simple tutorial in the knowledge base as well as some instructions on the product page itself.
Take a look at this free resource and if you have any questions please email the team and we will get right back to you. On top of that, we will also update the FAQ and documents on the website to make this plugin as awesome as possible to use for the whole Divi Community.
Divi Update 3.0.28 and 3.0.29
The latest Divi update brings a number of welcome fixes.
One of my favorites is the fixes is in the 3.0.28 release for the overlay areas in the front end builder. Sometimes when I was editing I found it impossible to click on certain targets because they were being blocked by a row or section.
There were 2 updates with a day of each other with this latest update. I am assuming this is because of the WooCommerce updates that were released from Automatic.
This means we have two full logs below to cover these 2 updates.
The biggest thing I can see in all of these updates is WooCommerce. Im really glad to see that because as a WooCommerce user for my own sites using Divi every improvement is really welcome.
Divi is not known for its friendliness to WooCommerce but Id like to see it become the best page builder for WooCommerce and Custom post types to position Divi to do deliver its awesomeness to the WooCommerce community and get some amazing growth.
Check out the change logs and enjoy the divine update 🙂
version 3.0.29 ( updated 1-18-2017 )
– Fixed a conflict with WooCommerce and PHP7 that made all products inaccessible in the WordPress Dashboard.
– Fixed some subtle alignment issues with the range slider controls in the Visual Builder.
– Fixed a bug that caused all fields to be “required” when building a contact form in the Visual Builder.
– Fixed a bug that sometimes caused broken layouts when loading rows from the Divi Library into certain types of specialty sections in the Visual Builder.
– Fixed button alignment issues with the custom sidebar creation interface.
– Fixed a bug in TinyMCE and the Visual Builder that caused a mismatch between TinyMCE’s Visual and Text modes after clearing a browser’s cookies.
version 3.0.28 ( updated 1-17-2017 )
– Fixed a bug that made it impossible to type into the content area of the code module in the Visual Builder.
– Improved the mechanism for exiting the inline editor in the Visual Builder. After activated, pressing ESC or clicking outside the editable area will *fully* disable the inline editor.
– Improved the hierarchy of background image options in the Theme Customizer, adding clarity to each options dependency on each other.
– Fixed a bug with the Divi Portability System that made it impossible to export items from the Divi Library when they were added to a child category.
– Fixed some inconsistencies with the Divi Role Editor inside the Visual Builder.
– Add Row & Add Module buttons will no longer overlap in the Visual Builder when both the module’s parent section and row paddings have been reduced to 0.
– Improved the appearance of the audio shortcode when used inside of modules with inline editing capabilities.
– Font underline options for the login module will now work correctly for all text in the module.
– Improved compatibility with WooCommerce and fixed a permalink error that occurred in some situations when using the Divi Builder on WooCommerce page templates.
– Fixed an issue with custom meta content colors not being applied correctly in the blog module.
– Mobile row heights set in the Theme Customizer will no longer overwrite custom row heights set in the builder.
– Removed extra padding that was mistakenly added to all button modules when viewed in the Visual Builder.
– WooCommerce widget buttons will now use the Divi icon font correctly.
– Fixed a typo in the fullwidth header module help text.
– Google API Key will now appear correctly in the Visual Builder settings modal.
– Improved the appearance of the buttons in the Visual Builder settings modal during the opening animation.
– Improved some logic involved with the deprecated “Use Padding On Mobile” option which has been replaced with the builder’s responsive editing feature.
– Fixed a bug that caused draggable padding indicators to not appear when first hovering over rows inside of specialty sections.
– Product category filters are now available for all shop module variations.
– Mobile section height adjustments made in the Theme Customizer will no longer overwrite section padding adjustments made in the Visual Builder.
– When multiple instances of a single global module exists on a page, changes made to any copy will be automatically synced with the duplicates without saving or refreshing when using the Visual Builder.
– The contact form module now uses HTML placeholders. This fixes an issue with empty field values being included in emails.