In this post, I will compare the differences between our Gravity Forms design tools. I will talk about what each product does and help you to decide which one is right for you. I’ll also look at what other Gravity Forms styling tools are out there. All things said and done, choosing the right plugin tool should save you time. This article will help guide you to make the best-informed choice. So let’s get started!
Divi & Gravity Forms – A great combination!
Divi and Gravity Forms are a great combination and we have been using them for years on our own websites. Not only is Gravity Forms easy to extend, it allows you to integrate with third-party services. Some of these include PayPal, Stripe, Zapier, Agile CRM, Zoho CRM and MailChimp to name a few. We have written some informative articles in our blog on using Gravity Forms with Divi.
Why we made our own plugins for Gravity Forms
We created our plugins because styling Gravity Forms in Divi isn’t that easy. It requires you to write custom CSS which we didn’t always want to be doing. We wanted a way to style our forms quickly and easily. To solve this problem we create our own plugins. These are the Ultimate Gravity Forms Styler and the Gravity Forms Shortcode Injector. Next, I will explain what each of these plugins does and why you would use them.
1. Gravity Forms Styler The Gravity Forms Styler styles all your forms across your whole site. Use the Theme Customizer to control the settings. If you want global styles for your Gravity Forms this plugin will suit you. Set your Gravity Form styles once in the Theme Customizer and see them updated everywhere. Quick and easy!
2. Gravity Forms Shortcode Injector Module The Gravity Forms Shortcode Injector is an individual styler for individual forms. It has a custom Divi Module that allows you to control each form as you insert it into a page. You should use this plugin if you have forms on your site that needed to have individual styling. For example, you might want to add a different background colour or border to one form and not another. This plugin has all the customisation settings you need to accomplish this and more.
A Technical Comparison
We have created a comparison table in our E-Learning and Course area to visually compare the features of both products.
To summarise, it really it depends on how you use your website to know which of our Gravity Forms design tools is right for you. They are both great tools for styling your Gravity Forms. Could you use both on the same site? Yes, you could. The Divi Module settings would override the Theme Customizer settings of either plugin.
Other Gravity Forms Plugins
Now let’s have a look at what other Gravity Forms design tools are out there. Here are three alternative products for styling Gravity Forms which are worth considering.
1. Surbma – Divi & Gravity Forms “This plugin adds the same styling for Gravity Forms as Divi Theme has for its own forms. This is a very lightweight plugin with minified CSS to reduce the loading time as low as possible.” We used this plugin for some years and found that although it is a decent tool to use, we still had to write custom CSS. The main issue is that it pulls everything out of the theme accent colour. So if your theme accent colour is the same as your button colour it doesn’t work.
2. Divi Styling Add-On for Gravity Forms by Divi Space “Divi looks amazing, Gravity forms is amazing, but together they both look out of place. This plugin eliminates that, Divi Styling for Gravity Forms brings the beauty of Divi to the Power & Logic of Gravity Forms. Simply install the plugin and activate, and your Gravity Forms will look and feel as if they are meant to be there. They will adopt the styling of Divi and respect the customizations you’ve made in the “Theme Customizer”
Note: We have not tested this plugin, so please let us know in the comments if you have used it and what you think.
3. Gravity Forms Styles Pro Add-on This plugin works within Gravity Forms and comes with a lot of customisation options.
Note: We have not tested this last plugin, so please let us know in the comments if you have used it and what you think.
Tell us what you think…
Hey, we’d like to find out what Gravity Forms plugins or add-ons you’re using with Divi and what you find useful. Also, if you have created something great please let us know as we would be happy to add it to the article.
You might be interested in these related articles: